Exhibitions - William Morris Gallery, Walthamstow
The £3.75m refurbishment of the William Morris Galleries in London Walthamstow was completed in August 2012. The grade II listed building was William Morris's family home from 1848 to 1856. It was the only public museum devoted to William Morris, and first opened to the public in 1950. The exhibition comprised 10 individual rooms and ancillary spaces.
Working with architects and exhibition designers GuM, DHA Designs have designed the lighting for this internationally important collection (around 9,000 items) that serve to illustrate William Morris’s life, work and influence, using stylish and decorative fixtures.
This project won the prestigious Art Fund prize for Museum of the Year 2013.